I’m sharing my 10 style tips to dressing and looking more feminine. In this video, you’ll hear 10 fashion tips on how to instantly make your style more feminine and girly, including what clothing, jewelry and shoes to wear, and how to do your hair and makeup to give you a softer, more feminine look.
10 STYLE TIPS TO DRESS AND LOOK MORE FEMININE
- Wear lighter coloured clothing. This includes neutrals, beiges, blush pink, light grey and brown tones. Lighter coloured clothing brightens up you look and makes you look more feminine and youthful.
If you don’t wear a lot of neutrals, creams or blush pinks, try it out and see how you feel. It’s a way to instantly look more feminine.
- Monochromatic head to toe. An all beige, or all white, or all blush pink outfit looks so chic sleek and feminine. I love this look. It’s very trendy right now. Forget the all black clothing look, try wearing head to toe whites, beige or blush pink. This look stands out as not many people are opting for lighter coloured clothing head to toe. It looks expensive, feminine and classy.
- Feminine details on clothing. Look for clothing that has ruffles, pearls, balloon sleeves, fluted sleeves, broderie anglaise, lace and other feminine details. These details have been very on-trend in 2018 & 2019 so those pieces of clothing are not hard to find. They really elevate your look and make you appear more feminine.
- Wear skirts. Incorporate more skirts into your day-to-day outfits whether it be for work, school, casual day time or night outs. You can wear midi, mini or long skirts. They all work well and can be styled to suit the occasion. I find skirts really comfortable to wear especially ones with elasticized waistlines. They are easy to layer over leggings in the winter time and fun to wear in the summer. Explore various lengths and materials. If you wear a lot of pants, invest in a skirt that makes you feel fabulous. Aritzia makes amazing skirts. One of my favourite is the Terre Skirt.
- Accentuate your waist and curves. This can mean wearing a belt to cinch in your waist, wearing high-waisted pants to accentuate the smallest part of your waist. If you prefer to focus on another part of your body, such as your chest or bottom, then choose clothing to accentuate those parts of your body in the most flattering way.
- Highlight one part of your body and show a bit of skin. This could be your neck, your shoulders, your back, legs, a bid of midriff. They key is not too show too much skin and just to focus on one area of your body only. You want to look elegant.
- Accessorize with fine and delicate jewelry. I love rose gold piece but certainly, any colour will do. Fine and delicate jewelry tends to look classier and is easier to style than bold statement pieces. Delicate jewelry is a classic style that will not go out of fashion. Adding earrings, stacking rings, bracelets or necklaces makes it look like you’ve give some thought to your outfit and will instantly elevate your style to make you look more feminine.
- Textured hair. Adding soft waves or loose curls to your hair will make you appear more feminine as well. It softens your face and overall look. Straight hair can look very chic, but it’s an edgier look. If you want to appear and look more feminine, then take a curling wand or iron and add some texture to your hair.
- Choose shoes with an almond or pointy toe. These will look more feminine. Shoes with a round or square toe have a more casual look to them and definitely don’t look as chic. I also like to look for some details in my shoes, whether it be an embossed pattern, or some cool details on the shoe. I do like to have light coloured shoes as well as dark ones to go with various outfits.
- Soft, natural makeup. Softer, more natural makeup looks much more feminine than a heavy, full on, snatched makeup look. Personally, I don’t like dark lips. I find it to be a more mature look and don’t think it looks flattering on most people. Sure, a red lip can look great so if you are going for that then keep everything else soft. Same thing goes for the eyes. If you are doing a smoky eye, then keep the lips light and neutral.
Watch the video to see my bonus tip!